Woodhouse Care Base is a registered NPO and consists of three departments:
- Woodhouse Community Care Base
- Mataffin Community Crèche
- Mataffin Drop-in-Centre
Woodhouses’ main aim is to provide a feeding scheme to vulnerable children and the elderly.
They also do (want to do) the following:
- Educate the children about life skills and help them with homework.
- Provide sports activities
- Teach them about the prevention and spreading of Hiv/AIDS and educate them about teen pregnancy
- Alleviate poverty in the community
Woodhouse currently provides daily meals for 169 children in the community between the ages of 2-19 who are either from child headed homes, and those who are unable to provide for their families because of unemployment.
The crèche at Woodhouse is available free of charge to parents who go to work and are unable to afford day care fees as they only earn minimum income.
Since Milviforce stepped in, we ensure that the orphanage has food every day. We have also started rugby coaching sessions in conjunction with Puma Kidz for 30 boys.
Milviforce is also in the process of enrolling 10 kids for a weekly skateboarding clinic.